How can we help you?
Recessed Door Sensor
Created to fit inside a door or window frame, these sensors are virtually undetectable and available in a range of colors to match your home.
Locate the sensor and use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the two retaining screws.
Using a flathead screwdriver, remove the cover. Insert the screwdriver into the opening on the cover and pry it off.
Gently remove the circuit board.
This device requires one CR2 or equivalent battery. Note: These batteries may be found in the electronic section of most local department stores.
Reinsert the circuit board by lining it up with the grooves on the inside of the casing.
Replace the sensor cover and the two remaining screws.
The Vivint recessed door contacts are the most flexible and versatile in the industry. Created to fit into your door or window frame, they are virtually undetectable. And they're available in a range of colors, so they will match the finishes in your home.
- Diameter: 0.75"
- Height: 0.5"
Sensor dimensions and weight
- Diameter: 0.75"
- Height: 2.57"
- Weight (including battery and magnet): 1.25 oz. (35.4 g)
- FCC ID: WDQ-DW20345
- Industry Canada ID: 7794A-DW20345
- ETL, FCC Part 15, Industry Canada
- Compact: 2.5"
- Five-year lithium battery
- Reed sensitivity: .625" minimum gap; .85" typical
- Recessed, versatile mounts: Hide your contacts in a window or door frame of any color
- Mounting options: Ensure your contact adheres to your framewhether that frame is metal or wood
- Tamper–proof: Know when someone is trying to tamper with your alarm
- Fully monitored: Get connected to the Vivint central monitoring station in as few as 17 seconds
- Wireless signal range
- 450 ft., open air, with 2GIG Wireless Alarm Control Panel
- Transmitter Frequency
- 345.000 MHz (crystal controlled)
- Transmitter Frequency Tolerance
- ± 15 kHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth
- 24 kHz
- Modulation Type
- Amplitude Shift KeyingOn/Off Keying (ASK-OOK)
- Peak Field Strength
- Typical 50,000 uV/m at 3m
- ABS plastic
- Operating temperature
- 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
- Relative Humidity
- 5-95% Non-Condensing
- Unique ID Codes
- Over one (1) million different code combinations
- Supervisory Interval
- 70 minutes
Included equipment and accessories
- Battery (installed)
- One (1) Panasonic CR2, or equivalent Lithium battery
- Included Accessories
- Two magnetic cap styles (Normal and Screw type), two (2) Phillip's flat-head screws
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers
- When I get notified that my alarm has been triggered, how do I find out if it was an actual emergency or a false alarm?
- What maintenance services does Vivint offer?
- Where are your monitoring stations located?
- Do you monitor 24x7x365?
- What’s a secondary passcode?
- Why do I need a verbal passcode?
- How quickly does Vivint respond in an emergency?
- How far away can I be from my home and still have remote control access of my system?
- How do I link my smartphone to my system?
Like the Recessed Door Sensor?
Check out some of our other features
Ensure that all areas of our home are protected with the latest infrared technology.